COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following types of Personal Information for the purposes identified when you visit our Website or use our Services:
- Sales and Marketing. When you request sales information from us, we may ask you to provide Personal Information such as your name, company name, address, contact information, billing records, product preferences, survey responses, profile data, billing data and an email address.
- Job Applications. When you apply for a job using our Website you may need to provide Personal Information, such as your name, resume, phone number and email address to submit your application.
- Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer support, marketing and sales teams to respond to your inquiries, improve our Services and offer you the Services.
- Information from other sources. We may receive or collect additional Personal Information from third party sources, including information about Employers from sites like Glassdoor.com/.ca and information about a Job Seeker from their LinkedIn profile, for combination with your other Personal Information to help us better make the uses described in the section below entitled “USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION”.
- Employer Services. When you use the Website or Services to post a job, we store snapshots of job descriptions, job posting details, and payment information, as applicable.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, whether you are a Job Seeker, Employer or otherwise, including but not limited to the Terms upon which you access the Website or use the Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services and provide you with information that may be relevant to your use of the Services.
- For advertisement retargeting to provide you with advertising for our and our affiliates products or services (or other products and services that may be of interest to you) on other websites based on your use of the Website and other websites.
- For Employers, to combine information you provide with information about you from third party sources in order to enhance, or provide additional, information about you to potential Job Seekers and others and to enable you to not need to manually re-enter such existing information into the Website.
- For Job Seekers, to combine information you provide with information about you from third party sources in order to enhance, or provide additional, information about you to Employers and others and to enable you to not need to manually re-enter such existing information into the Website.
- To create Aggregated Information.
- For additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected, or that you subsequently consent to.
USE OF AGGREGATED INFORMATION
Without limitation, we use Aggregated Information that we or our third party service providers produce for the following purposes:
- To better understand how users use the Website and Services to allow us to continually improve and expand our Services and Website.
- To create and deliver analytics (using aggregate statistics) to Employers or others. For example, to allow Employers to better understand their applicant pools.
COOKIES AND BROWSING INFORMATION
Technologies such as cookies, scripts and tags are used by us and our third party service providers. These technologies are used to collect information to analyze trends, administer and improve the Website and Services, monitor users’ movements around the Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may create, receive from our third party service providers, reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Cookies are simple text files that Internet browsers are configured to automatically place on computer hard drives when websites are visited and enable us, or our third party service providers, recognize your browser. Cookies generally come in two types: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you've closed your browser or turned off your computer. They may include such information as a unique identifier for your browser. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for accepting or removing these types of tracking technologies.
We use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows us to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you've logged in and are required in order to use the Service.
We use persistent cookies that only Alongside and certain or our third party service providers can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a user of the Services and track the webpages you view and use. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but may not be able to use all features of our Services.
We also use also employ clear gifs, images, and scripts that help us better manage content on the Website.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties, for the purposes identified below.
- With Employers. When you choose to apply for a job through our Website as a Job Seeker, we may share any information you provide, including Personal Information, during the application process with the company that posted the opening you applied for. Specifically if you are a Job Seeker, to make your details available to third-party employer organizations to whom you apply for openings for the purposes of evaluation for job vacancies, as may be submitted by you and in accordance with our Terms. Job Seekers can also opt in to a searchable Resume Database (as defined in the Terms) and choose to automatically share job application information, which may include Personal Information, with relevant employers.
- With our third-party service providers and partners. We may share any information we receive, including Personal Information, with vendors and service providers, including our platform and service provider Alongside Inc., retained in connection with the provision of our Website or Services, only as necessary to provide the Website or Services or to carry out work on our behalf.
- Social Networking and Other Websites. Our Website may allow you to post information to social networking or other third party websites or platforms, such as sharing a job listing. We do not share your information with them unless you direct our Website to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
- Marketing and Advertising. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. We may share data collected through cookies and similar technology with third parties to allow Alongside to carry out advertisement retargeting as described under our uses of Personal Information above.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. In connection with a potential or actual business transaction, including a merger, amalgamation, acquisition, receipt of a loan or other financing, creating a charge on or taking or giving a security interest in or on any company assets or securities, the lease or licensing of company assets, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of company assets.
- Required or Permitted by Law. (i) as required or permitted by law, and (ii) to law enforcement agencies, other governmental or regulatory authorities and private parties for the purposes of our or their investigations or enforcement of rights or offences, or to protect third parties or members of the public.
- With Consent. As consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
STORAGE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We store Personal Information at rest on servers located in Canada, but may process Personal Information in other jurisdictions. By submitting Personal Information, you agree to this storage and processing of your Personal Information. You acknowledge and agree that while your Personal Information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
By using our Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Website or sending an email to you.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected]. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account
ACCESS, UPDATES AND RETENTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to update or correct any Personal Information that you have provided to us through your use of our Website, Services or otherwise, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below.
You also have a right to access the Personal Information that we have collected, subject to certain limitations. Upon receipt of a written request, Alongside will provide you with access to your Personal Information or otherwise provide you with an explanation of why access cannot be granted in accordance with law.
Alongside will be unable to provide you with access to any Personal Information submitted to an employer. If you require access to this Personal Information, you must contact the employer directly.
Your Personal Information will be retained in accordance with Alongside’s policies and procedures for storing Personal Information; however you may request in writing to the address below the earlier deletion of your Personal Information (where reasonably practical). Any request by you to us to delete your Personal Information will not result in deletion of any application or any other information, including Personal Information, that has been submitted to an Employer (in respect of which we are a data processor and not a data controller). If you require an Employer to delete information associated with your job application or resume, or any other information provided the Employer, you must contact the Employer to request such deletion.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND PRACTICES
Attention: Privacy Officer
264 Botsford St. 2nd Floor
Last Updated: November 17, 2017